This is a cake made with no flour, making it suitable for people on gluten free diets. It's a good source of healthy fats and fiber from the mixed nuts and whole oranges.
S. Valentine's day arrived so quickly! Are you planing to do something special? If you need some ideas, I would suggest a homemade cheesecake with raspberries and blueberries to give the right colour for this day. You might want to match it with some roses on the table or a red tablecloth.
This recipe is one of my Valentine's favorite. This is an easy and quick recipe to do.
Ingredients: (serves 6)
For the biscuit base
1. Crumble the biscuit in a food processor or by hand, using a plastic bag and a roll until get a fine texture.
2. Mix the butter (at room temperature) with the crumble to make it stick together
3. Line clim film on a pie tin
4. Lay the biscuit on the bottom of the tin and with your fingers, fill up all the empty spaces.
For the cheese filling
1. Mix the Philadelphia cheese with the mascarpone cheese and stir it with a stick blender, adding the sugar. Keep stirring until you get a light texture. You can add lemon juice or vanilla essence for extra flavour.
2. Pour the cheese over the biscuit
3. Goes into the fridge for 4h (at least)
4. Display the berries on top before serving
Hi, I'm Joana, a Portuguese registered dietitian in the UK. I am passionate about helping others achieving their health goals.