What Information May Be Collected and What This is Used For:
- If you choose to subscribe to Your Diet Advice, your email address is added to a secure list within my MailChimp account so that I can send my free monthly newsletter to you, as well as information and offers from time to time which I feel may be of interest to you. All subscribers to this email list are clearly informed about how their data will be used, stored, processed and tracked using the MailChimp service before choosing whether to opt-in or not. This highlights that subscribers will be sent my monthly newsletter, as well as information and offers from time to time which I feel may be of interest. Subscriber’s email addresses are used for no other purposes than those outlined above, and they are free to opt-out at any time. Verifiable consent is obtained using a General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliant sign-up form which stores permission data in list export files (as advised by the MailChimp service). A double opt-in method is also used to ensure explicit consent is obtained for the subscription. All subscribers are free to change their information or opt-out from my newsletter at any time.
- I am committed to ensuring that all personal information is secure. I will not distribute, sell or lease personal information to third parties unless I have explicit permission or are required by law to do so.
- In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect. This includes prioritising internet security and the security of the electronic devices I use to process personal data. For example, a firewall is used on my computer, all electronic devices used are password protected and never left unlocked if unattended.
- This website is secure and encrypted. For additional security and GDPR compliance, the IP addresses of those who visit this site are immediately anonymised before being shared with Google Analytics via this method. Your Diet Advice is hosted on Servers at namecheap.com which is secure and GDPR compliant.
- Contact details of email subscribers are stored by the MailChimp service which is GDPR compliant. This information is kept until the individual unsubscribes or requests that I delete this information.
- Service providers used to store and process information related to carrying out dietetic services for clients all have robust security procedures in place and are GDPR compliant. These service providers include: Cloud Storage Services (for record-keeping), nutrium software and Zoom video conferencing software. All personal, business and consultancy information is handled confidentially; and sensitive information is encrypted for additional security. BDA and HCPC record-keeping guidelines are strictly adhered to for one to one consultation.
- The contact details of clients who avail of services from Your Diet Advice (usually in the form of names and email addresses) will be stored for no longer than one year following our last correspondence, or until a company or individual requests that they are deleted.
- Any personal information documented from telephone contact related to the services I provide will be destroyed once the telephone conversation is completed, unless there is a valid reason to retain this as part of service provision. In which case I will retain this information until you the client asks that I remove it, but for no longer than a year after the last telephone conversation.
- Any contact I receive on social media is also handled securely and confidentially in line with the GDPR. I will delete any social media messages upon request from the individual concerned, and all contact will be deleted within one year following our last correspondence.
- I will not distribute, sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless I have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so.
- Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may request details of personal information which Your Diet Advice holds about you, request to have your information updated or withdraw consent and request to have your information deleted.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact me as soon as possible, and I will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Subscribers to my email list can also update your information using the ‘update your preferences’ button provided on each email which is sent, or by contacting myself or MailChimp. All contact made via this email subscription list are also provided with an opt out facility (the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the end of all emails).
- Please note that there is a legal duty to maintain health records for 8 years from final contact (for adult clients), so removal of data requests from clients who have received one to one nutrition advice will be handled on an individual basis and in accordance with UK guidelines.
- I (Joana Jardim) am the data controller and Data Protection Officer (DPO) at Your Diet Advice, so please contact me on email@example.com with any queries or requests related to your personal data and I will respond promptly.
- This site contains links to other websites, such as: links to scientific relevant journals, articles, other blog posts and sources of information. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Your Diet Advice does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.