Some winter days deserve to be celebrated with a warm & healthy breakfast, all in one pan. There are many different ways of eating eggs, and this one is one of my favourite. It’s a very nutritious and filling meal, with good sources of high quality protein. Perfect start for a great day!
Diet advice: Eggs are a very good source of inexpensive, high quality protein. More than half the protein of an egg is found in the egg white. The whites are rich sources of selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper. The yolk is source of cholesterol and healthy fats.
An egg contains around 77 calories, 6 grams of protein and 5 grams of healthy fats.
Ingredients (serves 4)
1. Wash and chop all the vegetables
2. Put olive oil on a pan and add all the veggies
3. Add tomato sauce, seasoning and parsley
4. Add 1/2 cup of water and put lid on the pan, let it cooks for 5 min
5. Add the eggs and lid on
6. Turn the hob off in 2/3min if you want runny eggs, if not, let it cook for more 2min
Bon Apetite :)
Hi, I'm Joana, a Portuguese registered dietitian in the UK. I am passionate about helping others achieving their health goals.