This is one of the most frequent questions of those who lost weight and failed to keep it off.
It’s time to break the vicious cycle of the diet and learn what to do to lose weight and keep it off all year around.
The science of weight management is based in 3 principles.
These principles might be obvious for you, but the most difficult part is actually to put them in practice. I will help you by giving you 7 tips how to lose weight and keeping it off.
7 tips how to lose weight and keeping it off
1. Start a food diary where you can track your food intake and also your emotions. This will help you to understand if you ate because you were hungry, or bored, or angry or happy! The diary can help you to understand your eating behaviour, and to be conscious of your food choices and emotions so you can work on it.
You can start your food diary today! Download it now.
2. Don’t skip any meals. Start your day with a healthy breakfast and include sources of protein in all meals. This will help you to control your appetite and reduce the cravings.
3. Choose foods lower in saturated fat. Prefer chicken, turkey and low fat milk and cheese.
4. For lunch and dinner, always include plenty of vegetables and eat fruit as a dessert and for snacks.
5. Be aware of your portion sizes.
6. Be active. Include at least 30 minutes of moderate physical activity in your daily routine. If you can do more, the better. Try to increase it gradually for 1h a day. This doesn’t mean that you need to rush in buying a gym membership. Walking counts as moderate physical activity.
7. Be realistic with our weight loss goal. A realistic goal is to lose between 0.5 kg to 1 kg of fat mass per week.
Which one of these tips can you start doing it today?
What is your health goal for 2020?
I would love to know and to help you!
Please leave me a comment below.
Joana Jardim, Registed Dietititian,
Founder of Your Diet Advice
MSc Clinical Nutrition
Disclaimer: before starting any weight loss programme, check with your GP, specially if you have any medical condition.
Hi, I'm Joana, a Portuguese registered dietitian in the UK. I am passionate about helping others achieving their health goals.