Sometimes, you just want something nutritious, fresh and quick to drink in the morning. This breakfast milkshake will fill you up and can help you to control your appetite.
Milkshakes are also great after exercising. They are a great source of hydration, vitamins, minerals and protein. They can help your body recover quicker after training.
Ingredients (1 portion)
• 150ml milk (of your choice)
• 2 tbsp plain natural yoghurt
• 1 handful of frozen berries
• 1 banana, sliced (fresh or frozen)
• 30g oats
• 2 tbsp of almonds with skin on
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a smoothie maker (blender).
2. Blend until it reaches a smooth texture.
3. Add a little bit of water if consistency is too thick.
Joana Jardim, Dietitian MSc
Founder of Your Diet Advice
Hi, I'm Joana, a Portuguese registered dietitian in the UK. I am passionate about helping others achieving their health goals.