The diet challenge of this month is to have meat free Mondays and Wednesdays! Plant based recipes are so delicious, healthy and sustainable!
Meat and dairy have the major impact on the environment. Consuming beef 1-2x/ week over an entire year is contributing to 600kg to your annual greenhouse gas emissions which is the same as driving a regular petrol car 1,500 miles!
I'm not a vegetarian but I'm trying to reduce my intake of red meat and include more plant based recipes in my diet. I would like to invite you to do the same and share with me pictures of your meals on instagram @your_diet_advice and also let me know how do you feel having a plant based diet.
Today, it's #RecipeFriYAY the day I share with you one of my favourite recipes! This recipe is vegetarian, and can be adapted for vegan, replacing the cream cheese by vegan cheese.
Ingredients (for 3 portions)
1. Wash 2 handfuls of spinach and in a container of a smoothie maker, blend the spinach with tahini, garlic, cream cheese and soya milk, until you get a very smooth texture;
2. Cook gnocchi for 2 minutes in boiling water and drain;
3. Peel and slice a red onion and sauteed in a pan with 1 tbsp olive oil;
4. Wash and chop red peppers and to the pan;
5. Mix gnocchi with spinach creamy sauce, add a handful spinach leaves and grated Parmesan cheese on top.
Please leave your comments below if you tried and liked this recipe.
Hi, I'm Joana, registered dietitian passionate about nutrition and healthy cooking.